It’s Day 1 of our Fast From Wrong Thinking! Today we are fasting from the thought that simply says: “I can’t change . . .”
We’ve all felt at times that we can’t change a certain habit or a characteristic about ourselves. But as we change our thought patterns and mind-sets, ANYTHING can change. So, if you’ve felt like you can’t change, you CAN . . .
LET’S CHANGE IT TODAY
1. Believe that the power to change is a GIFT. 2 Timothy 2:25 says God grants “repentance,” or “the power to change,” as a gift. The ability to experience lasting change in any area of our life is a gift from God.
2. Receive the gift of repentance, or “the gift to change,” by FAITH. Ask for it and receive. God gives generously when you believe! (James 1:6)
3. All change begins by believing you are loved by God. Romans 2:4b says, “Don’t you realize that it is God’s lovingkindness that is trying to lead you to change the way you think and act?” (GWT)
4. Notice, in that verse, that His love and kindness change the way we think; THEN they change the way we act. All lasting change begins by surrendering my thought life to the Word of God. (Romans 12:2)
5. Believe in the process that leads to progress. Don’t worry if it doesn’t happen right away. Jesus touched the blind man once, than touched him again, before he was completely healed. (Mark 8:22–26)
6. Redefine yourself ONLY as what God says about you. Disconnect from past definition of your habits, traits, and limitations. You are being changed into His image. (2 Corinthians 3:18)
THINK IT AND SAY IT
God has given me the gift to change. My habits, emotions, and life are changed by changing the way I think. I submit to the process of renewing my mind, and I expect divine progress. I refuse to accept past definitions and limitations of myself. As I embrace God’s view of me through His Word, I am being changed into His image, in Jesus’ Name!